- 2 aubergines
- 120ml olive oil
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 125g Buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Chunky tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Slice approx. 4mm slices into the aubergine, taking care not to cut all the way through, so it all stays together.
- Open each layer of the aubergine up and sprinkle with olive oil, add a slice of courgette, a few slices of cherry tomatoes and a slice of mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat this process until all the layers are full.
- Place the aubergine on a lined baking tray and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for 30 mins until the aubergine is cooked through.
- This can be served as is, but we decided to serve it with a chunky tomato sauce.